Storhaug and Stromsheim

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Storhaug and Stromsheim

Post  Willem Mugge on Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 19:04

Hello,

I would like to know the year of birth and death of these two Gunnerside commando's.

Can anyone help to get a picture of Torstein Skinnerland? Can't find anything about him on the web.

He survived Grini, didn't he?

Thanks,

Willem

Willem Mugge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gunnerside men

Post  Bob Pearson on Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 19:20

Hi Willem,

Great to see you back on NUAV.

Give the Hjemmefrontmuseum in Olso a call - http://www.mil.no/felles/nhm/start/eng/

They have top quality info on the Gunnerside men including some very nice photos.

I have not forgotten your research, but aside from the recent passing of some Gunnerside men i have nothing to report. The British soldier who may have been part or at least 'oversaw' the raid has still not been fully identified. If I find anything i will of course mail you. The National Archives (Kew, London) has some excellent material, although well read by historians, but if you are ever in London then let me know and I'll be pleased to assist you. BTW it's worth checking out the Imperial War Musuem as well.

Cheers for now

Bob

Bob Pearson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gunnerside

Post  Willem Mugge on Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 21:11

Hi Bob,

Yes it has been a while since I've been here.

I did ask Knut Haugland, through Svein Saeter, if he had ever heard about the misterious British supervisor during the Grouse/Swallow/Gunnerside operation.
But again the answer was negative. Ivar K. has heard about this story either?
At the moment I'm building a dutch website about the operations in and about Vemork.
It was sad to heard that both Poulsson and Haugland have passed away. Now there is only Ronneberg left, wonder if he still will write a book about the whole thing.
If Major King was in contact with SOE, were his radiomessages logged, or were they burned aswell?

Anyway, will let you know wenn the website is ready.

Cheers,

Willem

Willem Mugge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

webpage

Post  Willem Mugge on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 22:26

Bob, although it's in Dutch, can you give it a try? www.weggum.com Go to: 'Willem' and than to 'Survival en Sabotage op de Hardangervidda '. confused

Thanks,

Willem

Willem Mugge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gunnerside - "what medals for these men?" - W Churchill

Post  Bob Pearson on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 23:29

Hi Willem,

I have just taken a look at your site and can see that a lot of hard work has gone in to it. Great pictures and super maps to pour over. Clearly, a lot of effort has gone in it and I appreciate you giving the 'heads up' on it.

There's still no news on Major King and I now suspect he is SIS or similar. There's no file on him as SOE so he may have been merely an observer for British Intelligence. There will be an opportunity to speak to his daughter, but with apparent feuds in the family I will have to choose the right time. Whatever, I will brief you if I come across anything.

Thanks again for letting me know about your site. I have logged it as a 'favourite'

Cheers

Bob

Bob Pearson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storhaug and Stromsheim

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:15

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum